Before & After - My French Bergere Chair

Have you ever noticed how time seems to fly by when you're doing something you love?  I've been putting in a lot of hours lately preparing things for the opening of my shop and rather than feeling tired, I feel energized and more inspired than ever!  Good thing - I have so many  projects waiting in the wings! This french bergere chair makeover has been languishing for months - I've had it partially torn apart and the fabric purchased since the summer.  I finally finished it up last week and wanted to share the fruits of my labor.


Here it is before - on second thought, during... 


The chair itself is in great shape, I just fell out of love with the blonde wood finish and the 90's upholstery.  


The chair got a light sanding, priming, painting and reupholstering with Braemore's Flowering Branch fabric.  I love this fabric and got it locally at Gifford Street Fabrics downtown.  







This was my most difficult reupholstery project yet. Even though I used the existing fabric to cut the pattern for the new upholstery, it was tough to get it to fit just right.  

I think the bloody thumb and the burn marks (they call it hot glue for a reason!) are worth it!  Yay me!

Linking up at Metamorphosis Monday.  Check it out!

center>

Need some help pulling your style together?  The Green Room Interiors can make your home a beautiful place to be! Call Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...